Estate planning at Lexern Law Group is not one size fits all. We offer three levels of estate planning to suit your varying needs. From the Will-based plan designed primarily for families with young children and little in the way of financial wealth to more robust plans for well-established families concerned with matters of asset protection, preservation of wealth, decrease of estate taxes, and preservation of wealth for generations.
We’ve priced our planning for you at the intersection of affordability and effectiveness. When we meet for your Family Wealth Planning Meeting, we will review the three estate planning levels with you, and you will choose your own plan based on your budget and the planning options and complexity that are most important to you and your family. Our plans are designed to ensure that your family has a plan in place if and when something happens to you or your loved ones. Your plan is designed to provide you real security, not the false security that comes with a cheap set of estate planning documents bought online. Such one size fits all plans simply don’t work for many families.
There truly is no one size fits all choice. DIY estate plans often don’t work simply because you don’t have any other basis for making your decisions.
We have created a process to educate you quickly and effectively so that you can make empowered, informed choices about what you want for the people you love. We believe in personalized service for each and every client. Our approach is educational and proactive – we educate you based on the specifics of your family situation, your assets, and your individual needs and then create the plan (and the fee for that plan) that aligns with your objectives for your family and your assets.
We represent families throughout varying stages of life:
- Traditional two-parent families, single or divorced parents wishing to provide for and protect their children and themselves;
- Unmarried couples who are either solidifying their relationship through proper planning or dissolving their relationship with the assistance of caring counsel;
- Blended families (families in second or third marriages) negotiating the challenges of creating new relationships with varying expectations;
- Licensed professionals, such as dentists, doctors, veterinarians, or lawyers looking to preserve that their legacy and protect their assets from potential malpractice claims associated with business and professional services and be able to wind-down the practice in the event of death or incapacity;
- High net worth families seeking strategies for minimizing estate and income taxes; and
- Family business owners seeking ways to protect and expand their companies and considering how and when to transition to the next generation of ownership.
Ensure Your Plan Is Current
If your family anticipate changes and requires periodic reviews, we have annual membership programs to ensure your plan continues to work throughout your lifetime, your assets are always owned in the right way, and you are able to feel confident calling us with any legal issue without ever worrying about receiving a bill in the mail for hourly fees. Whether you participate in one of our membership programs or not, we keep all of our clients updated about changes in the law and issues that might affect your life.
We often serve the whole family, including multiple generations of the same family. From free estate checkups for elderly parents to basic planning documents for young adult children, become part of our client family and feel how much we care.